For all those who occasionally wish to wear contacts but do not want to purchase expensive Toric lenses can try using our free Astigmatism to Normal Prescription Converter Calculator.
This calculator converts your eyeglasses prescription to contact lens prescription. Although they are almost always the same, the prescription will be slightly different if you have a mild case of astigmatism. To learn more about astigmatism and contact lenses, checkout this article.
Astigmatism to Normal Prescription Converter Calculator
A simple script has been prepared for you so that you can simple plug and chug your prescription values and get your astigmatism contact equivalent. All you need are the eye prescription numbers of your
In fact, you don’t even need your axis number for this.
The calculator below is based on the formulas presented in this article.
Be sure to use the correct signs in each box. For example, if your Spherical value is -3.00, make sure you type in the minus sign. Same goes for the Cylinder value as these can also be positive or negative depending on what the optometrist gave you.
Note that the Regular Contact Lens number is reported to the nearest 0.25 decimal place, as contact lenses are available in the market with increments of 0.25.
Always consult a medical professional before following random stuff you find on the internet.Spherical :
Your Regular Contact Lens Value is
Make sure to double check the results with an optometrist. Some opticians suggest that since contacts are closer to the eyes than glasses (obviously), it is okay to use weaker powered lenses, while completely ignoring the cylinder value.
If your cylinder value is above 0.5, then you should never ignore it. Also, since this Converter gives a makeshift solution for those with Astigmatism, try to not rely on its results for long term usage and go get yourself some Toric contacts.
Subscribe to the Beyond Nothing Youtube Channel
- Anti Glare LensesYou are buying a new pair of glasses for yourself, when suddenly the optician asks …
- Oversized Rimless GlassesWe designed a pair of glasses like no other. These are large, oversized, rimless glasses. …
- Prescription Squash GlassesSquash Glasses are a necessary evil for all squash players. For those under 19 and …
- Using a TV Screen as a MonitorIf you are considering using a TV screen as a computer monitor, you should be …
- Should I get eye surgery?Getting eye surgery should be an informed decision. Read here to learn the pros and cons of eye surgery to decide if you should go for it.
- Daily disposable vs monthly contact lensesMonthly and daily disposable contact lenses are the two main types of contacts available in …
- can i wear normal contacts with astigmatismThere are normal people who wear contact lenses, and then there are those who have …
- Convert astigmatism into normal contact lensesMany people who want to wear contacts wonder if they can wear normal contact lenses …